Sedation Services at dentalhouse
We offer IV sedation services for Kingston dental patients to help provide treatment for those who are nervous or have anxiety about visiting the dentist.
At dentalhouse Kingston, located within Kingston General Hospital, we provide IV Sedation options for dental treatments. Whether you have a complex treatment or you feel anxiety about the dentist, our team will work with you to ensure you feel comfortable.
Intravenous Sedation (IV Sedation)
dentalhouse Kingston offers patients IV Sedation to help create a calm state for anxious or nervous patients. Patients who have IV sedation require a companion to bring them to and from their dental appointment, and to stay with them afterwards.
How it Works:
- The IV is inserted and an anti-anxiety sedative is administered by a doctor qualified to administer it.
- The onset is rapid and the patient experiences a state of relaxation.
- Patient is able conscious and able to communicate.
- Pulse and oxygen levels are monitored throughout the procedure.
- Most patients have little or no memory of the procedure.
- The procedure is supervised by dental professionals trained in IV sedation.